PLRS – Punjab Land Record (Fard) GUIDE |


About PLRS – Punjab Land Record Society

PLRS stands for Punjab Land Record Society, a society established (under Registration of Societies Act, 1860) by the Government of Punjab. Its primary objective is to oversee & monitor the implementation of computerization and digitization of Land Records and related documents in Punjab for the overall benefit of citizens and to provide Land Records related services through multiple common access infrastructure like Sukhmani Centres to the public.

Punjab Land Record Society (PLRS) website –,  covers all 22 districts of Punjab – Amritsar, Barnala, Bathinda, Faridkot, Fatehgarh Sahib, Fazilka, Ferozpur, Gurdaspur, Hoshiarpur, Jalandhar, Kapurthala, Ludhiana, Mansa, Moga, Muktsar, Pathankot, Patiala, Rupnagar, S.A.S. Nagar, Sangrur, Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar, Tarn Taran. However, land records of some tehsils and some villages are not yet available online. Digitization of land records for such locations is under process.

Read about online land record system in India here – Land Records on Web.

How to obtain Punjab Land Record (Fard/ Jamabandi Nakal) Online from PLRS website?

Youtube Link –

Text Version

1. Open Punjab Land Record Society (PLRS) website –

2. On home page, click on the link “FARD” to obtain Land Records.

3. Choose your preferred language – Punjabi/ English.

4. Select your District, Tehsil and Village. Hit “Search”.

5. Click on the information required.

a) For Jamabandi Nakal/ Fard, click on “Jamabandi”.

(i) Select your Search Criteria

(ii) To Search by Owner’s Name, Enter Owner Name and click on “View Report”

(iii) To Search by Khewat No. select your Khewat No. from dropdown and click on “View Report”

(iv) To Search by Khasra No. select your Khasra No. from dropdown and click on “View Report”

(v) To Search by Khatoni No. select your Khatoni No. from dropdown and click on “View Report”

Save your Fard/ Jamabandi Nakal

b) To generate Mutation Report, click on “Mutation”

(i) Select your Mutation No. from dropdown and click on “View Report”

(ii) Save your Mutation copy

c) To check Roznamcha details, click on “Roznamcha”

(i) Select one option – Rapat No. Wise/ Rapat Wise

(ii) Enter Rapat details and click on “View Report”

(iii) Save your Roznamcha details

d) To check Mutation details after Registration, click on “Mutation after Registration” link.

(i) Search using one option – Vaseeka No., Mutation Request No., Transcation No.

(ii) Enter Details and click on “Submit” to generate Report.

(iii) Save your report – Mutation after Registration.

Different reasons why Fard is required?

Fard/ Jamabandi Nakal may be required for any of the following reasons:

  1. Title verification during sale/ purchase of land.
  2. To raise bank loan.
  3. To open bank account.
  4. For division of land.
  5. For checking Mutation status.
  6. Required in court in case of any litigation.
  7. Personal purpose.

Useful Resources

These resources will help you in understanding your Punjab Land Records (Fard/ Jamabandi Nakal) better.

Land Records Terminology

An exhaustive glossary of terms used in Indian Land & Revenue Records that will help you in understanding your Punjab land records.

Land Area Converter

For quick conversion of one area unit to another, you can use this land area converter. Covers all land area units used in India including all local units used in Punjab such as Bigha (Pucca), Bigha (Kachha), Biswa, Biswansi, Kanal, Ghumaon, Killa, Marla, Murabba, Sarsahi, Acre etc.

Land Measurement Units

Length Conversion Table and Area Conversion Table for all land measurement units used in India.

For eg. you can find conversion factors for local land area units used in Punjab – Bigha (Pucca), Bigha (Kachha), Biswa, Biswansi, Kanal, Ghumaon, Killa, Marla, Murabba, Sarsahi, Acre etc.

Land Records Guide

A comprehensive guide on Land Records in India, covering detailed tutorials on land record systems of all states in India.


Punjab Land Records (Fard/ Jamabandi Nakal) are made available online through PLRS website only for information purposes. However, a certified copy of Fard (Jamabandi Nakal)/ Mutation copy can be obtained from one of the Fard Kendras at the local Tehsil office on payment of nominal fee.

Over to You

We need your love! Like, Share and Rate the article if you found it useful.

Have something to say or ask? Please comment below.

Become a Smart Real Estate Investor! Get latest Real Estate insights, tips & tricks straight in your inbox.



  1. Sarav says

    website shows error when i hit gurdaspur.. plz correct it

  2. kamaljit says

    You have not provided the Tehsil Batala in the list of Tehsil. Also the window of error appears when we select Gurdaspur. The Hadbast option is not available. Please help in providing a more user friendly website.

    Thank you

    1. Team AY says

      Hi Kamaljeet

      This tutorial is made only for information purpose. We have no control over plrs website.
      Yes, you are right. Land records for few locations are not yet available online at plrs punjab website.

  3. satveer singh says

    sir no found jamabandi in name wise……village khokhar disst. muktsar

  4. gurmeet singh says

    Vill. Ghangroli distt.patiala da data show hi ni hunda

  5. PRITPAL says


  6. Kashmir singh shergill says

    I Kashmir singh shergill s/o pritam singh village Raipur dabba district shahid bhagat singh nagar. Please can I have fard.

  7. rocky says

    comes errior in patiala land record chunagra fard please solve the problem

  8. Gurinder Singh says

    What mean by farad verification
    On farad verification page start date and end date

  9. aman says

    Fard ta click karn ta error show kar ra ha

  10. Amrit pal brar says

    I want to know how can I check our intcal and intcal put in computer wt is mutation ? Plz discribe the intcal period where I can complaint for nobody taking serious our land intcal

  11. Rita Brara says

    Could you please send me an image of a sample shajra nasab form showing male and female successors . I need it for my research.
    Thank you
    Rita Brara

  12. Harjit Sohal says

    The site is always “DOWN” Can’t get into the land record system at all.

  13. Ranjit singh says

    sir please give me your mobile no my whatsapp no 9878223859

  14. Bhupinder Singh says

    Some modification is required on plrs .org .in site by adding new option that ;-

    When one click on village the whole map of village with detail should appear.
    Further clicking on Muraba no/Acre no Detail of all the owners in that acre should appear so that person could
    identify his share in each acre.

    1. harjas bains says

      i need my vill map,how can i get the same

  15. sudhir says

    No fard found

  16. TEK GARG says

    While doing computerizaton of land records, they put my wrong name (spelling mistake). Their site for correction is not working. Please let me know the procedure to get it corrected.

  17. Anil says

    The site of society is appalling and seldom works. Lets do away with it or have it managed professionally.

  18. nirvair singh says

    How can I chick my property number online

  19. rajesh singh s/o karnail singh says

    there are many errors in land reforms records some villages in thesil are named twice for eg.janodi village in hoshairpur district is missing from all records

  20. rajesh singh s/o karnail singh says

    jandalia has been mentioned twice in village updetes wrongly posted and village jandoli has been omitted not to be found in any of the thesils

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Become Smart at Real Estate!

Be the first one to get latest Real Estate Insights, Tips & Tricks straight to your email.

Your information is safe with us