Yamuna Expressway Master Plan 2031, 2021 – Map & Summary!
Yamuna Expressway Master Plan 2031 has been prepared to provide vision & regulations for development and building activity in the Yamuna Expressway corridor of Uttar Pradesh. It estimates a population of 35 lakhs by 2021 for Yamuna Expressway region. Accordingly 24,700 hectares of land is allocated under the proposed land use by 2031 in yamuna expressway master plan.
You can download the yamuna expressway master plan land use maps for 2031 and 2021 from here. Check out the summary of Yamuna Expressway master plan 2031 below. To share your opinions and suggestions, please use the comments section at the end.
Summary – Yamuna Expressway Master Plan 2031
Yamuna Expressway is a 6-lane (extendable to 8 lanes), 165 km long, controlled-access expressway, connecting international tourist destinations of Delhi and Agra, UP. It is India’s longest six-lane controlled-access expressway stretch. The total project cost was INR128.39 billion (US$2.1 billion). Yamuna Expressway is planned to have 5 LFDs (Land of concessionaire) with facilities of 4 Toll Plazas, and 6 Interchanges along the entire length.
For implementing the Yamuna Expressway Project and allied development in the region, the Government of Uttar Pradesh had constituted the Taj Expressway Industrial Development Authority (TEA) vide its Notification dated 24th April, 2001, under Uttar Pradesh Industrial Area Development Act, 1976 (U.P. Act No.6 of 1976).
The main responsibilities of the erstwhile TEA (now Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority), inter alia, included:
- Execution of Yamuna Expressway
- Acquisition of land for construction of Expressway and area development
- Preparation of Zonal plan/Master plan for planned development along the Expressway
- Development of drainage, feeder roads, electrification and other facilities in the area
Approx. 334 villages of District Gautam Budh Nagar, Bulandshahar , Aligarh, Mahamaya Nagar (Hatras), Mathura and Agra are Notified under Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority vide various Notifications of Government of Uttar Pradesh.
YEIDA notified area covers approx. 2,689 sq. kms. falling in six districts to be developed in two phases.
|GB’ Nagar + Bulandshahr||584||Phase-1|
In, Yamuna Expressway Master Plan – 2031, a total of 247 sq.km (24700 ha) of area is demarcated to be developed by the year 2031 and it is designed for a population of 35 lakhs by 2031.
Proposed Land Use
|S.No.||Land Use Category||Year 2031|
|Village Abadi Areas||1263.79|
|Total Urbanisable Areas||24739|
YEIDA is strategically surrounded by major cities NOIDA, Greater NOIDA, Faridabad, Khurja, Dadri, Aligarh, Mathura, Agra etc.
Delhi- Kolkata Line via Aligarh
Mathura -Bareilly Line via Hathras
Delhi International Airport – 50km from Yamuna Expressway.
Agra Domestic Airport – 180 km from Yamuna Expressway.
Yamuna Expressway is strategically located in NCR. Major transportation projects like Dedicated Freight Corridor, Rapid Rail, Metro Rail, Road & Railway projects are planned in the region. Proposed connectivity in Yamuna Expressway Master Plan 2031 is shown below.
- Noida & G Noida – IT, BPOs, ITeS, EPZ (electronics, textiles, engineering & software), Manufacturing Hub for Auto, hardware etc.
- Small, Medium & Large Scale Industries in Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Mathura, Aligarh, Agra, Hathras.
- Large Scale Industries – IOC Refinery (Mathura), Sugar Mill (Chatta), Locks Manufacturing ( Aligarh)
- Other MSME Industries – Agro Based Food Processing, Ready Made Garments, Wooden Furniture, Paper & Paper products, Leather Based, Chemical & Chemical based, Rubber, Plastic & Petro based, Metal Based (Steel Fab.), Engineering Units
- Non-Manufacturing – IT & ITES
- Potential Large Scale Industries
- Petrochemical Industries
- Sugar Industries
- Beverages Industries
- Fertilizer Industries
- Potential MSME Industries
- Mechanical & Engineering Industries
- Chemical & Allied Industries (Paint, Rubber, Adhesives, lubricants etc.)
- Electrical Based Industries
- Agro based & Food Industries
- Service Industries
- Dairy Products & others…
- Strategies to target industries
- Integration of new industries integrated with global demand
- Target commercial & distribution hub consumer market
- Expansion of high technology industrial clusters from Noida- Greater Noida
- Target ancillary industries to support major industries in NCR
- Target food processing industries to utilize agricultural produce from western UP and Haryana
- Expansion of traditional industries from secondary centers
- Target Logistics based industries to make most use of Dedicated Freight Corridor and other transport linkages.
Source: Yamuna Expressway Authority